August 15th, 2011
Today is the first day that I run with a new idea: I plan to write daily about something I have learned that day. It may just be a quick note, but it may be far more.
My purpose is to catalog my thoughts for review and progress. I should file away the things I learn and return to them as frequently as possible. It is my hope that I will be able to look back and view my progress or, at least, remind myself of lessons I have learned.
My purpose is to catalog my thoughts for review and progress. I should file away the things I learn and return to them as frequently as possible. It is my hope that I will be able to look back and view my progress or, at least, remind myself of lessons I have learned.
Today I learned that a leader must always be teachable.
“Your growth determines who you are.
Who you are determines who you attract.
Who you attract determines the success of your organization.”
- The book: 20 Qualities.
Who you are determines who you attract.
Who you attract determines the success of your organization.”
- The book: 20 Qualities.
1. Cure your Destination Disease
2. Overcome your Success (Success hinders teachability).
3. Swear off shortcuts (Nancy Dornan: “The longest distance between two points is a shortcut”)
4. Trade in your Pride
5. Never Pay Twice for the Same Mistake (Learn from your mistakes)
The author also notes that you should read 6 to 12 books a year in your field of specialization OR on leadership.
2. Overcome your Success (Success hinders teachability).
3. Swear off shortcuts (Nancy Dornan: “The longest distance between two points is a shortcut”)
4. Trade in your Pride
5. Never Pay Twice for the Same Mistake (Learn from your mistakes)
The author also notes that you should read 6 to 12 books a year in your field of specialization OR on leadership.
Today I also learned The Law of the Lid.
The higher the individual’s ability to lead, the higher the lid on his potential.
That is, if you lead at a level 8, your effectiveness is no higher than a level 7.
Notes on this:
-A manager is different than a leader.
-Personal success without leadership ability brings only limited effectiveness (success is not leadership)
Finally, today I learned The Law of Process.
Leadership develops daily, not in a day.
The higher the individual’s ability to lead, the higher the lid on his potential.
That is, if you lead at a level 8, your effectiveness is no higher than a level 7.
Notes on this:
-A manager is different than a leader.
-Personal success without leadership ability brings only limited effectiveness (success is not leadership)
Finally, today I learned The Law of Process.
Leadership develops daily, not in a day.
-Invest long term
-The ability to lead is a collection of skills, to be learned and improved
-Improving is a process and not a single event (events inspire, processes improve).
-Leadership is influence.
-Have a plan: have daily preparation. Be intentional about your process towards improvement.
-The ability to lead is a collection of skills, to be learned and improved
-Improving is a process and not a single event (events inspire, processes improve).
-Leadership is influence.
-Have a plan: have daily preparation. Be intentional about your process towards improvement.
No comments:
Post a Comment